Sunday, November 27, 2005

Heinlein at 100

Robert A Heinlein is probably the greatest science fiction writer ever to live. The hundredth anniversary of his birth is coming up on 7 July, 2007. An outfit called Heinlein Centennial, Inc. is hosting a celebration that weekend in Kansas City.


Here's what they say about it:

. . . the Heinlein Centennial is a gathering of fans, readers, scholars and other interested persons in Kansas City on the Centennial weekend of July 7th, 2007. Besides holding a massive, multi-faceted celebration, conference and exposition for a wide variety of attendees, we hope to make a big enough noise about this Heinlein fellow to make his name, and interest in his achievements, echo around the world
If the Calhoon family budget allows I'll be there. It was reading RAH that gave me my love of reading and is largely responsible for putting me where I am today (not tooting my own horn, but the Calhoon trailer is the nicest single-wide in the park).

If you're at all interested in honoring one of the greatest authors the US has ever produced run over to their website and check it out.