Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Counting the days

Gates of Vienna does not hold back in evaluating the Bush presidency:

I am counting the days until this man goes back to Texas and morphs into just another ex-President shill for the same oily money bags that Jimmah and the Clintoons haul around.

He has become as smarmy as Hillary, as beholden as Barack, and every bit the turncoat that Kerry was. I would say it can’t get worse but Bush has another eighteen months to take us down.

Me? Bitter? Nah. Hell hath no fury like a voter scorned, Mr. Bush. Certainly you can feel the heat from millions of angry citizens by now. At least I hope you can. If you can’t it’s simply because you are so well-insulated by your sycophants that you can’t feel anything, can’t hear anything except your own echo chamber.

By the time Clinton left office I couldn’t bear to hear his voice. It had been the carrier of so many lies, so much faux-sympathy that I ran from the sound. Bush’s voice is worse, because I expected better from him. I expected better and I got worse, much worse.

I really wish that I could say that I thought that this went too far.